[mythtv-users] Help Diskless frontend

Neale Swinnerton mythtv-users.spam at isismanor.com
Mon Oct 31 12:05:49 EST 2005

> For the record, I've used disk-less/nfs-root frontends before and I'm
> setting one up now using FC4 and I expect it will work flawlessly (and
> quietly, once the drive is removed and the fans are undervolted.)

Agreed, I have two gentoo based diskless front-ends. Both work fine. In
the Bedroom I have an Epia ME6000 fanless system, that is absolutely
silent since it has no moving parts. I don't plug in the power light, and
have it mounted on the wall behing the TV. You wouldn't even know it was
there.

The only problem I have as noted elsewhere in this thread is that it won't
reboot without a power cycle. Luckily it only ever needs rebooting after a
kernel upgrade.

I suspect your problem is lack of memory. I have 512Mb in both fe's