[mythtv-users] The Race to Change the Channel

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Tue Oct 18 03:48:42 EDT 2005

I tend to more or less agree that changing channels super fast is not
too important.  Small dish receivers haven't ever done this fast.  Of
course adding the myth layer slows things down a little, but for quite
practical reasons and its no big deal.

Now if one wanted a trivial way to flip channels fast, at least in
principle, you could use inactive capture cards to lock on and start a
stream on the next channel while your still on the current channel.
Then you also need to have the decompression sequence started as well,
but in principle you could double your flipping channels rate.

Is it worth the trouble?  I doubt it...

-Robert Denier