[mythtv-users] The Race to Change the Channel

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 00:33:33 EDT 2005

I agree, with one caveat.

I still use the LiveTV feature, although not as much
as I used to (because even though I'm on the west
coast, most of my channels are east coast feeds, which
necessitates recording everything).

Even though I still use LiveTV, I would never, ever
"channel surf".  What's the point, when you have full
program information available with only a button
press?  If I'm watching LiveTV (because, perhaps I've
watched all of my recordings), when I want to find
something to watch, I'll scroll through the program
guide.  It's much more effective than scrolling
through every channel.

Even with a real TV, channel surfing is a pointless
waste of time.  While you're busy going through your
50+ channels looking for something to watch, you might
be missing something you'd actually enjoy.

-- Joe