[mythtv-users] GLX is not supported with the Composite extension

Keith C mythtv at keithandjill.com
Fri Oct 14 15:53:13 EDT 2005

On Oct 13, 2005, at 11:19 PM, Keith C wrote:

> I've googled like crazy and still can't solve this problem.  I've
> never been able to get OpenGL VSync to work, because I've never
> gotten GLX to load.  I'm currently on nvidia7676 (atrpms),
> 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp, Geforce 6200 PCI-e with component out.
> Here's the error message from Xorg.0.log :
> (EE) GLX is not supported with the Composite extension

Problem solved.  There were some old libraries around from previous
versions of the nvidia drivers that had been installed with the
nvidia installer instead of the atrpms packages.  The only way to fix
it, unfortunately, was to strip out all the atrpms and reinstall with
the nvidia installer.  I never could get all the sym links rebuilt
with the atrpms.

Of course, I've now disabled OpenGL sync because it didn't work as
well as RTC for me.

Keith