[mythtv-users] Re: GLX is not supported with the Composite extension

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Oct 15 04:23:48 EDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 02:53:13PM -0500, Keith C wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2005, at 11:19 PM, Keith C wrote:
>
> >I've googled like crazy and still can't solve this problem.  I've
> >never been able to get OpenGL VSync to work, because I've never
> >gotten GLX to load.  I'm currently on nvidia7676 (atrpms),
> >2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp, Geforce 6200 PCI-e with component out.
> >Here's the error message from Xorg.0.log :
> >(EE) GLX is not supported with the Composite extension
> >

> Problem solved.  There were some old libraries around from previous
> versions of the nvidia drivers that had been installed with the
> nvidia installer instead of the atrpms packages.  The only way to fix
> it, unfortunately, was to strip out all the atrpms and reinstall with
> the nvidia installer.  I never could get all the sym links rebuilt
> with the atrpms.

Which means that you will run into the same problem sooner or
later. I'd suggets to remove all trace of nvidia from your system and
have a clean rpm based install. You will know that future drivers will
simply drop in w/o you ever worrying again about symlinks.

Don't forget to rename /etc/X11/xorg.conf.nvidia to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
and if you have multiple drivers use nvidia-graphics-switch.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net