[mythtv-users] GLX is not supported with the Composite extension

Keith C mythtv at keithandjill.com
Fri Oct 14 00:19:43 EDT 2005

I've googled like crazy and still can't solve this problem.  I've
never been able to get OpenGL VSync to work, because I've never
gotten GLX to load.  I'm currently on nvidia7676 (atrpms),
2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp, Geforce 6200 PCI-e with component out.  Here's
the error message from Xorg.0.log :
(EE) GLX is not supported with the Composite extension

I have this in my xorg.conf :
<snip>
Section "Module"
         Load  "dbe"
         Load  "extmod"
         Load  "glx"
         Load  "record"
         Load  "freetype"
         Load  "type1"
         Load  "v4l"
EndSection
<snip>
Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Leadtek"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 6200 PCI-e"
         Option      "TVStandard" "HD720p"
         Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
         Option      "TVOverScan" "0.0"
         Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
         Option      "RenderAccel" "true"
         Option      "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
         Option      "NoDDC"
         Option      "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"
EndSection

xdpyinfo :
name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The X.Org Foundation
vendor release number:    60802000
X.Org version: 6.8.2
maximum request size:  16777212 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:
     depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
     depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
     depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
     depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
     depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
     depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
     depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x2600007, revert to PointerRoot
number of extensions:    31
     BIG-REQUESTS
     DAMAGE
     DOUBLE-BUFFER
     DPMS
     Extended-Visual-Information
     LBX
     MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
     MIT-SHM
     MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
     NV-CONTROL
     NV-GLX
     RANDR
     RECORD
     RENDER
     SECURITY
     SHAPE
     SYNC
     TOG-CUP
     X-Resource
     XC-APPGROUP
     XC-MISC
     XFIXES
     XFree86-Bigfont
     XFree86-DGA
     XFree86-Misc
     XFree86-VidModeExtension
     XInputExtension
     XKEYBOARD
     XTEST
     XVideo
     XVideo-MotionCompensation
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
   dimensions:    1280x720 pixels (325x183 millimeters)
   resolution:    100x100 dots per inch
   depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32
   root window id:    0x131
   depth of root window:    24 planes
   number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
   default colormap:    0x20
   default number of colormap cells:    256
   preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16777215
   largest cursor:    64x64
   current input event mask:    0xfa4031
     KeyPressMask             EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask
     KeymapStateMask          StructureNotifyMask
SubstructureNotifyMask
     SubstructureRedirectMask FocusChangeMask
PropertyChangeMask
     ColormapChangeMask

I've tried disabling Composite, but haven't found a method to do this
that actually disabled it.  glxgears doesn't run, nvidia-settings
doesn't show OpenGL stuff, etc.

Video timing method always falls back to RTC.  No one else seems to
have this problem.  Any hints?

Keith C