[mythtv-users] pvr-150 no tuner

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Sat May 28 16:01:15 UTC 2005

> Hmmm... Trying to recall exactly where those settings are. I only used
> them during initial setup of the card, so it's been a while...
> I believe you'll locate this under mythtv-setup, but if not, check the
> setup section of mythfrontend, look for 'playback' under 'TV
> settings', it might be found there instead.
> Either way, what you're looking for are the recording profiles. This
> is where you tell MythTV what resolution to capture at depending upon
> the recording profile in use. Since I use a PVR-500, I've set all of
> my recording profiles to 720x480.
> I think that someone recently posted that this should not be necessary
> with the newest ivtv drivers...
> HTH
> --Garry

Yes, this sounds like a scaling issue.  The newest ivtv drivers should fix
that problem.  Try getting them at http://www.ivtv.tv/releases/ivtv-0.3/  For
now though, you can just go to Settings-->TV Settings-->Recording
Profiles-->Hardware Encoders-->Default (and Live TV afterward), and go
through those both to change your resolution to 720x480.  It'll look right
afterward.  However, I have mine set at 480x480 because of the reasons with
how many lines TV's can display, etc. etc (you can find the reasoning in the
archives).  I have a PVR-350 and a 150 with the newest ivtv drivers.

Good luck,

~Lou