[mythtv-users] pvr-150 no tuner

Peter T. Abplanalp pta-myth at psaconsultants.com
Sat May 28 17:49:58 UTC 2005

* On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 09:28:17AM -0600, Garry Cook wrote:
> On 5/28/05, Peter T. Abplanalp <pta-myth at psaconsultants.com> wrote:
> > i can watch and record tv; however, when i watch tv, i
> > am seeing the upper left corner of the stream.  i.e. it
> > seems like the "tv" screen is larger than my display and
> > i am only seeing the upper left corner.
>
> Hmmm... Trying to recall exactly where those settings are.
> I only used them during initial setup of the card, so it's
> been a while...  I believe you'll locate this under
> mythtv-setup, but if not, check the setup section of
> mythfrontend, look for 'playback' under 'TV settings', it
> might be found there instead.  Either way, what you're
> looking for are the recording profiles. This is where you
> tell MythTV what resolution to capture at depending upon
> the recording profile in use. Since I use a PVR-500, I've
> set all of my recording profiles to 720x480.  I think that
> someone recently posted that this should not be necessary
> with the newest ivtv drivers...

i am using the latest stable drivers, .2 i believe.  i found
some resolution define stuff under setup -> appearance.  i
tried to use separate stuff for videio and gui but had no
luck.  it did change the playback resolution but i always
only saw the upper left corner.  any other ideas?

thanks.

--
Peter Abplanalp
PGP:     pgp.mit.edu