[mythtv-users] pvr-150 no tuner

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Sat May 28 15:28:17 UTC 2005

On 5/28/05, Peter T. Abplanalp <pta-myth at psaconsultants.com> wrote:
> thanks guys.  together, you fixed both my problems!
>
> alas, i now have a new problem.  everything in mythtv seems
> to work now, i can use the remote to navigate the menus and
> i can watch and record tv; however, when i watch tv, i am
> seeing the upper left corner of the stream.  i.e. it seems
> like the "tv" screen is larger than my display and i am only
> seeing the upper left corner.
>
> i did some looking around and i think i may have to change
> my capture resolution but i do not know how to do that.  can
> someone point me in the right direction?
>
> if it matters, i am using my computer's flat panel display
> and my resolution is set to 1280x1024.  i can post any other
> config files necessary like X or whatever else.
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> Peter Abplanalp
> PGP:     pgp.mit.edu

Hmmm... Trying to recall exactly where those settings are. I only used
them during initial setup of the card, so it's been a while...
I believe you'll locate this under mythtv-setup, but if not, check the
setup section of mythfrontend, look for 'playback' under 'TV
settings', it might be found there instead.
Either way, what you're looking for are the recording profiles. This
is where you tell MythTV what resolution to capture at depending upon
the recording profile in use. Since I use a PVR-500, I've set all of
my recording profiles to 720x480.
I think that someone recently posted that this should not be necessary
with the newest ivtv drivers...
HTH
--Garry