[mythtv-users] OT: System failed to shutdown

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:33:27 UTC 2005

I know this isn't strictly a Myth problem but I don't know where else
to post this. This morning I woke up to find my Myth box had not
powered off correctly, it was supposed to shutdown after finishing a
recording roughly 9 hours earlier.

As far I could tell, everything had happened except cutting power to
the box. The final messages in the syslog at the time I expected
shutdown to take place were:

Mar 23 23:41:40 mythtv kernel: Kernel log daemon terminating.
Mar 23 23:41:40 mythtv exiting on signal 15

At this point it should have restarted to allow the new nvram-wakeup
setting to take effect before halting. Obviously, the system was left
in a state where the wakeup setting had not taken effect so without
manual intervention all further recordings would be missed, not good!

Has anybody ever seen this happen before, or have any ideas why it might happen?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Steve