[mythtv-users] SAA7134 controlling card problem

Julius Spencer spencer_julius at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:40:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am having trouble getting MythTV to control my card. I have a Phillips
SAA7134 chipset and xawtv and tvtime work fine. The saa7134 module seems to
load without any problems.

I have setup MythTV so that it has the listings populated, it plays DVDs CDs
etc with sound and picture. If I leave the tuner tuned to a channel (in
tvtime) I can see it when I watch TV live through MythTV, but there is no
sound and I can't change channel. It looks at the /dev/video0 output but
doesn't seem to interact with the tv card.

I feel like I'm pretty close to having it sorted. I'm wondering if it needs
some info which I haven't included maybe in the SQL part. To add the
channels I had to do them via an XML file I got from the web and using the
following command:
mythfilldatabase --file /dev/video0 7 .mythtv/Television.xmltv
I figured the frequency data would be filled in when I chose the country,
but maybe not... I feel though that there is some kind of lack of control
between the application and the card as a device.

Any ideas?