[mythtv-users] Previously recorded after 1 year

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Tue Mar 8 18:46:02 UTC 2005

Preston Crow wrote:

>I'm starting to see shows coming up to be recorded that I'm pretty sure
>I've recorded before, now that my Myth box has been live for more than a
>year.  Shouldn't the length of time to keep the previously-recorded list
>be configurable?  It might also be helpful to keep a column in the
>database that saves the starttime of the last time the show was seen in
>the guide.
>
>I suppose I need to do some magic SQL incantation to make all the
>previously-recorded shows from 2004 think they were in 2005.
>
>This is mainly an issue for trying to watch all the episodes of a
>popular syndicated show (like "The Simpsons").
>
>--PC

Along the same lines, it would be nice to allow previously recorded
shows to have a lower priority than their new counter-parts (example CSI
on CBS or episodes that haven't been recorded on Spike would have normal
priority (20 perhaps) and previously recorded episodes could have a -5
modifier), this would allow a new South Park which might have a priority
of 16 to be recorded instead of a repeat of CSI, but allow a new CSI to
be recorded instead of a new South Park.

--
Bryan Halter
bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
PGP 0x55AB8EA4