[mythtv-users] Previously recorded after 1 year

Joel Anderson bitjunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:03:47 UTC 2005

> I'm starting to see shows coming up to be recorded that I'm pretty sure
> I've recorded before, now that my Myth box has been live for more than a
> year.  Shouldn't the length of time to keep the previously-recorded list
> be configurable?  It might also be helpful to keep a column in the
> database that saves the starttime of the last time the show was seen in
> the guide.
>
> I suppose I need to do some magic SQL incantation to make all the
> previously-recorded shows from 2004 think they were in 2005.
>
> This is mainly an issue for trying to watch all the episodes of a
> popular syndicated show (like "The Simpsons").
>
> --PC

I don't think there is any limit to how long stuff stays in the
oldrecorded table, I have entries as far back as June 2003.  So unless
your schedule settings allow it to re-record them it really shouldn't.
 It's more likely that the episode and/or description is slightly
different from when it recorded previously, so it doesn't exactly
match what's in the oldrecorded table.

--
Joel