[mythtv-users] Nova-t remote with linux 2.6

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Thu Jan 27 10:27:43 EST 2005

I tried today to get my Hauppauge remote working with my Nova-T card.

I'm using Gentoo so I got the 2.6.10-gentoo-r4 kernel, patched it with the
latest v4l diff and compiled it. After rebooting I now have /dev/input/event2
but I can't seem to get lirc working. I also realised that I don't have a
Hauppauge Grey remote but a Hauppauge Silver which is apparently different.

Anyway, I found that irw was printing all sorts of control characters when I
pressed various buttons. That was until I found that it wasn't irw but direct
keyboard input from the dvb driver - it prints stuff even if lirc isn't
running. The only button that works as it should is OK which seems to map to
Enter.

Part of /proc/bus/input/devices:

I: Bus=0001 Vendor=0070 Product=9002 Version=0001
N: Name="cx88 IR (Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T"
P: Phys=pci-0000:00:0c.2/ir0
H: Handlers=kbd event2
B: EV=100003
B: KEY=108fc000 100022 0 0 0 0 18000 4180 801 9e0000 7bb80 0 10000000

Now maybe I haven't RTFM properly and maybe I'm just getting a little
impatient to get it working but I can't seem to bridge the gap between what
the dvb driver is providing and where this maps to MythTV or even if lirc is
involved along the way.

Anyone who can shed some light or point me in the right direction will make me
a happy man ;)

--
Rob