[mythtv-users] When the disk is full... what happens?

Rob Greene robgreene at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 22:33:36 EST 2005

Shouldn't some old recording be deleted? My Myth box only got about
the first 25 minutes of The Amazing Race this evening and I'm in the
doghouse.

I can manually clean up, of course, but I figured Myth (the backend,
specifically) would clean up older shows when it runs out of space.

The log shows this:

ERROR: file I/O problem in safe_write(), errcnt = 3: No space left on device
ERROR: file I/O problem in safe_write(), errcnt = 1: No space left on device
ERROR: file I/O problem in safe_write(), errcnt = 2: No space left on device

Is that the right behavior, or have I messed up something else?
-Rob