[mythtv-users] When the disk is full... what happens?

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 23:15:09 EST 2005

> The log shows this:
>
> ERROR: file I/O problem in safe_write(), errcnt = 3: No space left on device
> ERROR: file I/O problem in safe_write(), errcnt = 1: No space left on device
> ERROR: file I/O problem in safe_write(), errcnt = 2: No space left on device
>
> Is that the right behavior, or have I messed up something else?
> -Rob

Depends on your expire shows settings, by default autoexpire is on,
but it can be set on a per recording basis, so if you have one show
thats more important than others you can set it not to expire, but
another recording rule to expire. I get that error, because all my
shows are set to never expire.