[mythtv-users] Re: Soundblaster live and AC3 for MythDVD help

Mihail Kolesnyk klists at ua.fm
Sun Jan 9 06:10:13 EST 2005

On Sunday, 09-Jan-2005 00:41, Neil Milne wrote:
> Here's all the audio configs from my xine config file:
> audio.driver:alsa
> audio.device.alsa_front_device:default
> audio.output.speaker_arrangement:Pass Through
# cat .xine/config | grep audio. | grep -v '#'
audio.driver:alsa
audio.device.alsa_front_device:default
audio.output.speaker_arrangement:Pass Through
Same is mine.

> Here's the xine version.
> myth at myth ~ $ xine -v
> This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.3.
You checked gui version. It is better to check:
'# xine-config --version' which gives 1.0.0. I think it is same as
yours.

> Have you tried going back to 1.0.5 or 1.0.7 ALSA module/tools/lib
> versions?
> It could be another alsa issue...
Ok. I'll try to switch back to 1.0.7

> I'm feeding a Yamaha DD/DTS amp with only the spdif hooked up - no
> analog cabling at all. It works fine for me.
I need analog cable as:
 "The digital output measures 1 dB down at 13.5 KHz, and -3dB at 17
khz, and -15 dB at 20kHz. This is atypically bad performance for
sound card digital I/O..." and the 48 kHz SPDIF frequency can't be
changed to anything else. :( So, the main use of digital out for me
is DD/DTS encoded sound on DVD's.
> What's your .asoundrc setup? I'm using the one from Jarod's guide
> pages.
I'll take a look at it.