[mythtv-users] Help please. growisofs, and overwriting file system

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Jan 8 14:40:29 EST 2005

I'm trying to get the mythtvburn. I'm close, but I cannot get growisofs
to overwrite an existing ilesystem on my RW disks.

I see all sorts of references to this in a Google search, and I thought
that the following hack would fix it:

growisofs -use-the-force-luke=force --dvd-compat -Z \
/dev/scd0=/myth/mythtvburn/temp/mythburndvd.iso

But no luck.

Am I invoking the magic incorectly :-)

Is there some other tool I cna use (mkisofs) in place of this?
I'm still trying to figure out the compexites of writing DVD's

BTW, I'd like to add my voice to the may saying that not overwriting,
_and_ not having a documenter flag to fors such is a nad design
decision!

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin