[mythtv-users] guide updates (zap2it)

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:41:59 UTC 2005

On 8/27/05, Jesse D. Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does zap2it just get the guide info wrong sometimes?
> Or does MythTV fail to update the database if programming
> changes after it has already been committed to the
> database?
>
> I ask because my guide claimed that a bunch of Avatar
> shows would be on today, but the time slot ended up
> being filled by Sponge Bob instead. :) I was really
> bummed out.
>
> Zap2it's fault? Myth's fault? Or Dish Network's fault?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Jesse Guardiani
> Programmer/Sys Admin
> jesse at wingnet.net

The problem you're running into is because mythfilldatabase
automatically gets today's schedule tomorrow's schedule and then any
days that haven't been downloaded completely (basically 2 weeks from
now).  Any schedule changes won't be picked up until the day before
they're recorded.  You can tell mythfilldatabase to update all the
days with a command line option but then you'll have to set it up as a
cron job and put quite a bit more stress on the data direct servers.
Fred

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.