[mythtv-users] Pundit-R & Myth notes

Blastzone blastzone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:08:40 UTC 2005

After almost 5 months of work, I finally have a running MythTV system! I'm
looking forward to having real recording, show archives, and all of those
fun things you can do with Myth. It's been a pretty big project, and I ran
into quite a few roadblocks along the way. I've put many of my notes online,
in the hopes that they might help others with their systems. They're pretty
stream-of-thought, but there are nuggets of info in there, I'm sure.

If you're looking at putting together a system based on an ASUS pundit-r, I
recommend looking through at least the first part of my notes. The
motherboard on those systems does not like SATA Hard Drives & PATA DVD
drives.

I also ran into issues with segfaulting internal players, hauppauge tuners
that wouldn't initialize, HD-3000 cards and no OTA HD broadcasts. You can
find my comments at:
http://www.blastzone.net/~kamikazi/hardware/mythtv

Thanks again to all online who helped!