[mythtv-users] Need IR advice

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:39:54 UTC 2005

My concern with this approach is that I will still see the code
"fluxuations" with that device.

I did a little more testing and all my remotes have this problem...even the
RC-5 ones. It just turns out the RC-5 is much more robust.

Another interesting (strange?!?) thing I noticed is that the "errors" don't
seem to be related to which keys were pressed previously...they crop up when
I change the position or orientation of the remote control! If I move the
remote around while holding a single button down, the variations correlate
with the movement. WTF?!?

As such, investing in additional hardware is the last thing I really want to
do just now (although once the IR issue settles down I just might do it). Of
course, buying more hardware reduces my WAF which I'm actively trying to
raise at the moment. :-)

Thanks.

--
Mike