[mythtv-users] Need IR advice

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 21:57:46 UTC 2005

If you can get RC-5 working, then you can use the
receiver that came with your PVR-150.  No extra
expense there.  In order to get the extra buttons to
work, you might need a different remote though.  (But,
remotes can be cheap - the URC-6131 that I use is only
$20.)

It sounds like it's a problem with your receiver -
either the receiver is broken, or lirc isn't working
with it.

By the way, if you want all of the buttons on your
remove to work, you either need to:
1. Find a mode where all of the buttons send IR
signals, and use that with your irman-like device
(because it won't work with the PVR-150 receiver), or
2. Get a remote that supports key programming (like an
OneForAll remote, or something JP1 compatible) and
program the buttons that don't send IR codes to send
them.

Also, just so you know, the way I setup my irman with
my universal remote (using RC-5) was to create a
config file with the irman tools, and then use a
script (I think it was included with lirc) to convert
the irman config file to a lirc config file.  I've
never had much luck with irrecord.

-- Joe

=== message truncated ===>