[mythtv-users] guide time off by four hours

matt lutz myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 00:53:20 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I'm struggling with a problem right now regarding the time of programs
in the guide.  All of my programs are off by 4 hours.  I can't really
understand it.  The localtime of my box is set correctly to UTC, and
the frontend has the right time in it, but all the guide data is off.
It's as if the myth database is seeing the localtime on my box as UTC,
and then applying the timezone shift again  (I'm in EST daylight
savings).

Did I configure something inadvertently somewhere?  I use zap2it for
the guide data, and I do not have an offset for xmltv configured in
mythtvsetup.  I'm not really sure where else to look.  I did do a
mythfilldatabase --refresh-today, and verified that the /etc/localtime
file was linked correctly to EST5EDT.  I'm not sure exactly when this
problem started as my myth box is not yet heavily utilized, and I
thought for a while that this was a frontend problem, not a backend
issue.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Matt