[mythtv-users] Mythmusic - no goom...

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Aug 16 10:57:38 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "David" <myth at dgreaves.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythmusic - no goom...

> Tim Tait wrote:
>
> > David wrote:
> >
> >> Since upgrading to 18.1 I don't have goom in mythmusic. Any suggestions
> >> I'm using the standard debian packages.
> >>
> >> David
> >

> > Any responses? I have the same problem...
>
> No - I couldn't find anything in the archives so I posted.
> By now I had assumed it was just me so I was (occasionally) looking at
> things like xv etc.
>
> xmms runs goom just fine so it's not the machine.
>
> I also made sure all my frontends were running the latest xmms-goom in
> case it depended on an external goom library - and that may be an issue.
> IIRC goom has recently had a fairly substantial change and this may be
> too new for mythmusic. I've not gotten around to trying to downgrade...
>
> Other than that I found no errors from myth and I'm not puttting much
> more effort in just yet.
>
> David

Mythmusic uses its own version of the goom code (somewhat out dated now)
so doesn't require any external goom library.

It is a conditional compile that has to be selected in the configure script. Are you
sure the packages you are using have the goom stuff compiled in? It requires
both the fftw and SDL stuff enabled. Does the synaesthesia visualizer work?
I think it also uses the SDL library like goom.

Paul