[mythtv-users] burn-in. Should I be worried?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Aug 8 18:27:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a "normal" NTSC TV. Medium quality and nothing fancy.
Should I be worried about burn-in?

Particularly, mythmusic scares me, as only the small visualization
window is actively updated, and I don't want to run the vis.
full screen as it burns too much CPU.

Pausing LiveTV concerns me too, and any of the MythTV menus
scare me, as they're completely static. :)

I started reading a MythTV screensaver thread that I found
via google, but I got frustrated after about 10 iterations of
people arguing for or against a screensaver without any
clear resolution.

So I guess the second part of this question is: Was there a
resolution? Is a screensaver widely accepted as a good thing,
or not? Is there any work being done to that end?

But ultimately, should I be careful (and tell my wife to be
careful) to avoid burn-in on this TV?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani