[mythtv-users] Pundit mythtv

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Aug 3 17:57:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 12:02, Neale Swinnerton wrote:
> > I don't think I understand.  If the PVR-350/250 encodes a show in mpeg2
> > format what kind of transcoding is needed to get this to play through an
> > epia board?
>
> Yes I don't understand this either. It could be some wierd setting on my
> system. I will investigate what's going on and report back. It won't be
> till the weekend tho.

Sounds like I am in good company then.  :)

Will be interested in the results.

> > What does XVMC-VLD do?
>
> XvMC is XVideo Motion Compensation, which allows Hardware Acceleration of
> various aspects of Video. Some info here:
>
> http://www.xfree86.org/~mvojkovi/XvMC_API.txt
>
> XvMC-VLD is an extension of XvMC to support the CLE266 decoder found on
> Epia boards. Some info here:
>
> http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for the pointers.  This is helping me decide how to get a front
end box setup.  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Real programmers don't bring brown-bag lunches.  If the vending machine
doesn't sell it, they don't eat it.  Vending machines don't sell quiche.