[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup won't run, exits with errors (Fedora)

Cam Vertesi cvertesi at indiana.edu
Sat Mar 6 19:21:56 EST 2004

This error means that it can't connect to your mysql database.

1) make sure that mysql is running:
# ps -ael |grep mysql
look for at least one instance of mysql

2) make sure that your databases actually exist in mysql.  I don't know
sql enough to help you out here, but you can just repeat the steps
outlined in Jarod's howto.

3) make sure that mythbackend is started.  If you have it set up as a
daemon, use "service mythbackend start"

4) your firewall and/or tcpwrappers can get in the way of the connection
to mysql.  Comment out all entries from /etc/hosts.deny , and clear your
firewall (by default, you can use "service iptables stop" ).

That should do her!  Good luck!

Cam