[mythtv-users] TV out on PVR-350

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Mar 3 19:43:30 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 06:20:59PM -0500, stan wrote:
> I've just isntallled KnoppMyhth R2, on a machien with a PVR-350 and a PVR-250. I'm trying to
> get the TV output to come out of teh TV Out on teh PVR-350 (both Live TV, and playback of
> recordings). I don't (yet) want to run an X session on the TV.
>
> I tried checking the "Use TV Out on PVR-350" in setup, but it just causes the monitor disply to
> blank when I go to "Watch TV", and no ouput comes out of the TV Out on the PVR-350.
>
> What do I need to do to make this work?

OK, I've mad some progress on this.

I inserted teh saa7127 module by hand like this:

insmod saa7172 output_enable=1 output_type=1

And wenst pack in the setting from mythfrontend, and check the use PVR-350
check box.

Now when I watch TV or playback a recording, the output goes to the TV (and
the monitor screen still blacnks). BUT I am not getting sound either
out the sound card, or modulted ontot the TV siganl.

How can I solve this?

And what should I do to load this module autmaticly on boot?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin