[mythtv-users] Sound Issues

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Thu Jun 3 07:16:26 EDT 2004

I have the EXACT same problem, should say, had. Now I get no sound at
all for live tv, and I have played with everything. This happened to me
before on this box (with the sblive card) and something happened (or i
did) that made it work, and I cant remember what that was. I have an
onboard AC97 sound on this mobo that I am tempted to use and pull the
sblive card out, but I wanted to keep the sblive because my onboard
sound has no game port. I will probably yank that sblive card though
because it is driving me nuts.

Derek Christensen wrote:

> Hi Micheal,
>
> Is your SBLive card an OEM version?  (And did you have it with your
> old setup?)  I ask because I had similar problems and after
> cross-referencing the model # on the card with a matrix on the
> Creative site I found the my SBLive card in my Dell was a piece of
> junk OEM version and that ALSA doesn't have drivers for.  I've heard
> that certain Dell and Gateway computers (and maybe others) have this
> type of card.  I  finally just removed ALSA and move back to OSS.
>
> Just a thought.
> Derek
>
> Michael J. Roeder wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I recently rebuilt my long-standing Myth installation due to a
>> harddrive failure. This gave me the opportunity to rebuild as Fedora.
>> I followed the Fedora instructions from the link on www.mythtv.info.
>> I have a WinTV Pro TV card, and a SBLive! soundcard. I am using ALSA
>> and .15 Myth.
>>
>> My problem is Sound. I am getting the symptoms described all over
>> this list as not having my input muted. I'm using a cable between the
>> WinTV card into the AUX port on the SBLive. I have AUX set to MM and
>> CAPTUR. I have Capture set to CAPTUR. I have the volume up on PCM,
>> and the volume up on the Capture slider.
>>
>> Xawtv proves that it is the AUX input that is the one I want. All
>> works normal until I go to Watch Live TV, I get the double audio and
>> when I exit Myth entirely, I still have sound. When I fire up
>> alsamixer, I still show that AUX is at MM, and if I adjust the slider
>> for PCM, the volume goes up and down! Toggling MM doesn't do
>> anything, but toggling CAPTUR on Capture does. Muting the PCM also
>> mutes the errant audio. aplay /dev/dsp gives me the double audio
>> problem, too.
>>
>> All of this seems really inconsistent to me. Any troubleshooting ideas?
>>
>> Mike

                         115 Richfield Road
               Williamsville, New York 14221
                            716-553-8525