[mythtv-users] Sound Issues

Derek Christensen mythtv at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 3 00:15:34 EDT 2004

Hi Micheal,

Is your SBLive card an OEM version?  (And did you have it with your old
setup?)  I ask because I had similar problems and after
cross-referencing the model # on the card with a matrix on the Creative
site I found the my SBLive card in my Dell was a piece of junk OEM
version and that ALSA doesn't have drivers for.  I've heard that certain
Dell and Gateway computers (and maybe others) have this type of card.  I
  finally just removed ALSA and move back to OSS.

Just a thought.
Derek