[mythtv-users] How to make a good bug report?

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Jul 9 13:28:00 EDT 2004

Op vrijdag 9 juli 2004 19:09, schreef John Goerzen:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 06:44:08PM +0200, Henk Poley wrote:
> > Op vrijdag 9 juli 2004 18:26, schreef Joseph A. Caputo:
> > > <snip>
> >
> > Just a 'dumb' suggestion, why not quote your mail (that part I snipped)
> > on the bug reporting help page, seems appropriate as a start. And make
> > sure some of the more necesairy things appear as (or in the) entry boxes.
>
> I was going to say exactly that :-)
>
> How about drop-down boxes for:
>
>  * Distribution
>    Choices: Fedora, RedHat, Debian, Gentoo, Mandrake, Other

If you want a list of the biggies, you forgot SuSe...
...and in our case, KnoppMyth too.

>  * Kernel Series
>    Choices: 2.4, 2.6

Make that a just an input field, specific kernel version is probably better.
Don't forget a seperate field with 'patches' or if the kernel is a stock
kernel.

>  * Capture Card
>    Choices: PVR-250/350, bttv, other

Call that 'driver', and have a seperate input field for the 'full name' of the
card.

>  * Video Manufacturer
>    Choices: ATI, nVidia, S3, Via, other
>
>  * CPU
>    Choices: Pentium III, Pentium IV, Celeron, Pentium M, Athlon, Duron,
>      Athlon64, Opteron, Itanium, Alpha, Sparc, Sparc64, PowerPC

Hmm, hmmm, big list... but might be handy for statistics, maybe...

	Henk Poley <><