[mythtv-users] What do you do with your Myth box?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 20:51:26 EST 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 17:39, Albert Santoni wrote:
> Jon wrote:
>
> >I've been thinking about maybe starting up a plugin, that would allow you
> >check out movie trailers from apple.com/quicktime which i'd probably use
> >to decide what movie we wanted to go out and see.
> >

> This probably deserves a new thread, but I've been thinking about making
> the exact same thing as well. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for an
> XML or RSS feed of movie trailers, but I haven't quite found what I've
> been looking for.
> I also tried writing a prototype parser for the Quicktime site, but I
> never fully developed it. I think it IS do-able...

Actually, what I've been itching for is a way to grab movie showtimes, a la
Apple's Sherlock utility.  It gets its data from Moviefone.com, but I think
it must use a direct feed... I'd love to sniff the traffic on it and see what
it looks like.  There's got to be a better way of doing things than parsing
somebody else's HTML!

-JAC