[mythtv-users] mythvideo improvement / feature request

Joachim Gehweiler post at joachim-gehweiler.de
Sun Feb 22 15:44:50 EST 2004

Xavier Hervy schrieb:
> Joachim Gehweiler wrote:
[...]
>> Please show the mythvideo plot descriptions in a textarea with
>> scrollbars instead of cutting the rest off.
>
> Same Idea but I don't how to scroll the plot, up/down arrows are already
> use to change the parental level.

I'd suggest to use the numbers 1-4 for parental level and the up/down
arrays for scrolling (because this would be quite intuitiv for use with
a remote)

[ another possibility would be to use the PageUp/PageDown keys (and
leave the keys for parental level as they are), but I don't think this
is a good idea, because the PageUp/PageDown keys are mapped to the
prev/skip buttons on the remote (and in fact, they are mapped the other
way round you would expect...) ]

>> I just noticed that mythvideo seems to use iso-8859-1 whereas mythtv
>> makes use of unicode -- at least german characters äöüß get not
>> translated into unicode when the video manager automatically extracts
>> the title from the filename. As a result, mythweb only displays a
>> questionmark for all these characters.
>
> I don't have any trouble with filename (éà...). but my script which grab
> movie information return bad characters in mythvideo but work pretty
> well when i execute in a xterm or a console. I don't know how to resolve
> that or if this trouble appear only in my system.

I don't have any trouble myself inside mythvideo, but it doesn't work in
mythweb.
When I looked into the MySQL database, I just wondered why the data in
the 'title' column is not stored as unicode (in unicode characters like
ä, ö, ü, ß or é, è, ê would look like Ãœ, ä, and so on).

If you like, you can send me your script -- I'll try it on my system to
see if the same trouble occurs or not.

Best,
     Joachim