[mythtv-users] Re: Asus Pundit DVI out

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun Feb 22 11:57:16 EST 2004

btw, replying to both.

> Van: George Herndon <gherndon at eyeontech.com>
>> From: "Barry Fanion" <bfanion at charter.net>
>>
>> I am currently trying to get my new Pundit with the onboard video
>> working on my Samsung DLP 50" model via the DVI connector. Using core
>> 1
>> I am not having much luck getting anything to work, when the pundit
>> boots up I get a no signal reading on the TV, I can use the S-video
>> but it looks amazing horrible, rainbows etc.
>> I was using the sis video that was outlined in Jarods quide, I have
>> switched to the driver here:
>> http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml with the same result.

The program 'sisctrl', also available from that site should be able to
tweak some values like color-calibration. You need to enable some setting
in the driver to get it to work, see below.

btw, have you set DVI to 'on' somewhere? I'm not using DVI on my Pundit,
but I think there might be some option to do that.

>> How has everyone else got this to work, any suggestions as what to
>> look at, if anyone has a working Xconfig can you e-mail it to me. Did
>> anyone have to mess with the ModeLine paramaters

Uhm, no, but I did need to add the VertRefresh and HorizSync lines to the
Monitor section, as mentioned in the example XF86Config(s), to get a higher
resolution.

> I'm not using the DVI out, but rather the TV out under FC1 and XFree
> 4.3.  I'm having the same issue in X, TV reports no signal.  I've used
> the sis drivers from winischhofer under rh9 with great success before,
> so i'm wondering if this is a FC1 or X 4.3 issue.  I get video during
> machine post / boot, so at least my video out hardware connections are
> correct.  One odd thing too is that i can't get the sisctrl to load.
> yes, i've read the docs and i've got identical versions of sis_drv and
> sisctrl and the requisite entries in XF86Config device section.  This
> was of course working fairly well prior to my most recent apt-get
> update which added  version XFree86-4.3.0-55 to my system.

Just some 'stupid' suggestion (sorry), are you using the correct driver?
aka, the one built for Xfree 4.3 and your GCC version (probably 3.x). And
you might need to add an 'Option EnableSiSCtrl "yes"' in the Device section
of your XF86Config-4 for SiSCtrl to work. apt-getting XFree86 might have
reverted (some of) your changes.

If all else fails, mail Thomas Winischhofer himself he's helpfull, but
don't forget to attach your X logs.

NB: Latest (2004/02/19) sis_drv.o needs latest sisfb, if you installed the
latter one.

	Henk Poley <><