[mythtv-users] A tv_grab_uk_bleb grabber

Chris Moore zmower at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 3 03:04:20 EST 2004

Paul Woodward wrote:

>Hi Chris,
>
>I would have to admin to knowing nothing about shell scripting, but this
>tiny modification appears to work for all days:
>

>for DAY in `seq 0 6`; do
>
>for CHANNEL in $MY_CHANNELS; do
>  wget --user-agent="bleb2xmltv (zmower at ntlworld.com)"
>--output-document=-
>http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/$DAY/$CHANNEL.xml | sed -e '1,2d'
>

>>>$TEMP_FILE
>>>

>#  cat $CHANNEL.xml | sed -e '1,2d' >> $TEMP_FILE
>  sleep 2
>done
>
>done

Yes but this gets all channels everytime you run it.  I want to be kind
to the bleb bandwidth.  That's why I was talking about caching files
under /var (althought ~/.xmltv seems like a better idea now).

>BTW where can you get the program tempfile? I couldn't find it anywhere,
>I ended up creating /tmp/bleb.xml and using that instead.

It's an anonymous file under /tmp which disappears after the script
exits.  It's a security thing I think.

Chris

--
Sig pending!