[mythtv-users] backend pegs CPU at 100% after running for a few hours

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 2 16:33:31 EST 2004

Mythtv 0.14
ivtv 0.1.9
pvr-250 and pvr-350

After leaving live TV running for a few hours (5 or 6 will usually do it)
the video and sound suddenly get jumpy and mythbackend has the CPU pegged at
100%.  Simply exiting live video to the mythfrontend menu and going right
back into live TV fixes it (well for the next few hours or so).

While it's struggling along and you see jumpy video and sound I saw these
error messages along the console, something about time out waiting for data,
2 seconds.  I probably should have written it down.

Anyone else have this?

Thanks
Malcolm