[mythtv-users] Finalizing MythTV Gentoo EPIA-M install

Thomas Tavares tomtavares at msn.com
Mon Feb 2 17:15:14 EST 2004

Used Gentoo Howto wiki and forums to get my system up and running.
Everything is working beautifully except for some intermittent hiccups, such
as errors about unable to access /dev/dsp and jittery video. I can't
pinpoint when it actually occurs.

Now to my main questions:
1)   I need help in customizing the lcddevice.cpp messages that are used for
the LCD. I am not a programmer, and I believe that is my biggest drawback. I
would like to try and use the examples used in MythLCD. I really like the
waving graph used in the music playback example.

2)  Would like to use the red hard drive led on the case to show when the
system is recording or a remote button is pressed by connecting it to the
GPO of the LCD. I saw some code for this to be used on an XBOX. How can I
enable this for a PC.

3)  I would also like to figure out how to use internet radio via MythTV. I
saw that someone is already working on a module. Hopefully there is a patch
that can be temporarily used until the module is completed.

This is a great project and I am glad to finally have an install that works
totally with hardware encoding and decoding working properly.

Thomas

Current Setup:
EPIA-M C3 933Mhz
PVR-250 with grey remote
Western Digital 120GB (8MB Buffer) Hard Drive ATA100
512 MB RAM
Hitachi 24x CDRW
Matrix Orbital 20x2 Serial Character LCD
Atech Flash Pro V 9-n-1 Flash Reader (3 1/2 internal slot) USB2.0 and 1394
pass-thru
Blue LED Lighted Acrylic Case Feet ( which I would like to configure to turn
on/off when playing music in the not so distant future )
CheckerCube 2215 Black Aluminum Case