[mythtv-users] Rip DVDs to PVR-350 .nuv format?

mtrisko mike.trisko at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 22 23:58:10 EDT 2004

I have a system with a slow CPU (Via C3 800Mhz), using the PVR-350 TV-out.
Recorded TV shows play great, but I haven't had any success trying to get
DVDs to play.  I've tried Matthias' X driver and the related ivtv patches,
but so far no matter what I've tried the video is choppy and sound doesn't
work.

What I'd like to do is find a way to make the DVD into the same format the
PVR-350 uses for recorded TV, and play them the same way.  I suppose I could
try hooking up my standard DVD player's output to the PVR-350 input and
simply recording the analog signal, but is there a way to simply convert the
files to the same MPEG2 format mythtv uses when it plays shows recorded with
the PVR-250/350?

I've done some searching of the mailing list archives and I know there's a
lot of posts about ripping and burning DVDs, but the ones that discuss
conversion seem to all be going the other way (nuv->dvd).

Thanks,

Mike