[mythtv-users] Shuttle ST62K XPC Zen anyone?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Apr 23 08:54:59 EDT 2004

Henrik Bentel wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm looking to add another mythtv box to work as a front end only.
> And among my candidates is the Shuttle ST62K XPC Zen  which is getting
> good remarks, especially for noise levels.

I'm very anti-Shuttle.  I've had 3 shuttle boards (including my current
MythTV box) and hate every one.  I had to replace the onboard sound
(NF2) with a sound blaster and the onboard NIC with a Realtek because
both caused Myth to crash.  It's not the model board you mention, but
it's a Shuttle.

One big problem with my model is you can't disable "PNP OS" or APIC in
the BIOS.  The setting is there, but the only option is "Enabled."

-Tony