[mythtv-users] Xbox Front end and HDTV

Vincent K. Britton Vincent.Britton at wiznet.com
Mon Apr 19 16:40:38 EDT 2004

It is my understanding that with some tweaking you can run MythTV on an
Xbox with the HD AV Pack in 480p.

In this setup please answer these questions for me:

1)       If I have a pchdtv capture card in my Back End server and
capture HDTV signals, will it recordings and Live TV display in HD on my
Television connected to my xbox hd av pack?

2)       Does PIP still work?

I also have some General HDTV Questions:

1)       If you record a show in HD does it have to be viewed on an
HDTV?  Or if you view it on another television with S-Video does MythTV
automatically adjust the picture and audio or something?

2)       Likewise if you have a HDTV does the content you watch have to
be HD or will Video captured on a PVR-250 Display as well?

These are most likely the dumbest questions so far this year, maybe even
the decade.  But this all seems just to good to be true and I just would
like confirmation!

Sincerely,

Vince