[mythtv-users] Dual Tuners - How to set primary for Live TV? (tuner affinity?)

Coax coax at cornernet.com
Wed Apr 7 15:32:57 EDT 2004

MythTV doesn't have a "Default live TV capture card".  Myth has a list of
capture cards that it chooses based on the order of which is used.

So, if I have a Myth system configured such that I have 2 PVR-250's and a
BT878 tuner, and i configure them in that order, Myth will pick the first
unused card for LiveTV when you ask for it.

That means that if you are currently using your 2 PVR-250's for recording,
Live TV will happen from your BTTV card.

It'd be kinda neat if Myth supported a few additional flags in the db
regarding capture cards.. i.e. a flag for "Dont use this one for live TV
under any circumstance, even if it is the only one available.", or "*ONLY*
use this capture card for Live TV, and not recorded programs", etc.  But
at this point, it doesn't - and in my opinion, is indeed pretty smart
about how it does what it can currently do..

Chad