[mythtv-users] Budget mobo for MythTV with PVR250 and Athlon 1800+?

Apollo (Carmel Entertainment) lists at carmelme.com
Mon Apr 5 16:27:43 EDT 2004

OK, so I have ECS K7S5A Pro motherboard with 512 DDR Ram and Athlon 1800+, I
also have PVR250, C-media 7389 audio card with SPDIF out (SPDIF very important
to me), and whatever that cheap Nvidia 32Meg AGP video card is (I think it is 4X).

Well, that mobo has mad problems with IRQ sharing. Yes, it has 5 PCI slots, but
you can't use half of them with onboard features, IRQ stuff just does not work.

So I would like to find another budget motherboard that would just allow my
existing stuff to be plugged in and would do better job with IRQs.

I wanted to do the MythTV so my better half would record those damn reality
shows and watch them when I am not home, but instead of getting Tivo I thought I
would do this linux thing, only to find out that hardware costs are adding up daily.

Should I just jump on WindowsME (like I had in the start of this project) and
get some freeware PVR software off sourceforge? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!