[mythtv-users] Listings are off by an hour

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Mon Apr 5 16:22:41 EDT 2004

Not sure if this is related to daylight savings time happening yesterday
or not, but I noticed yesterday I had NO guide data in my db.  What i did
was empty all the fields for listings (not sure of the mysql coding to do
this, but I cheat and do all my mysql work via phpmyadmin and it was
trivial to empty the tables that way), then just re-ran mythfilldatabase
as user mythtv and everything re-populated just fine.  Might want to give
that a shot.

I've been trying desperatly to repair this problem but have not been able to
do it.  All of my listings are still off by one hour, they are all one hour
behind.  I've tried using the XML offset in mythsetup and running
mythfilldatabase, but nothing seems to work the listing are still off by an
hour. If I use none in as the XMLTV offset then my listings are off by three
hours.  Another small error that I have not been able to remove is related
to starting the mythtv backend as a daemon, I get a "Authentication
Rejected, reason : None of the authentications protocols specified are
suported and host-based authentication failed", yet everything seems to work
fine.

Just in case

Gentoo
kernel 2.6.5-rc3-mm1
i686 mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M 1400+ AuthenticAMD
mythtv-0.14-r1
xmltv-0.5.31

Thanks,

Pierre Diversé