[mythtv-users] How to configure channels in UK

Martyn Weber martyn at blacksun.uk.com
Sun Apr 4 15:39:55 EDT 2004

You need to buy the serial based redeye. This plugs into the serial port and
sticks to the front of the NTL STB. The original remote still works. You can
down load a program for linux called (I think) redeye that you can call from
the change_channel.csh script that you specify in the mythtv setup.

The redeye does not use lirc at all, so its possible to setup a 'normal'
blaster and control your TV. Im trying to get mythtv to switch off the TV
when you press the on/on button on the remote used with mythtv, its the only
thing I have to use another remote for!

Martyn

PS
My change_channel.csh script looks like this:-

#!/bin/csh
/usr/local/bin/red_eye /dev/ttyS1 $1 1
echo "Changing to channel $1"