[mythtv-users] Re: irman

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 5 15:41:35 EDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 15:03, Joe Votour wrote:
> Joseph (or do you prefer Joe, like me?),

Yeah, it's Joe.

> I decided to post my response (and the original
> e-mail) to the list in the hopes that somebody else
> might be able to assist.  Once I had my irman working
> (with the method I mentioned), I didn't play around
> with it.  Thank you for your input though, hopefully
> it helps David out a bit.
>
> At that time, there was no lirc package with irman
> support, so I had to recompile it.  Not that it's a
> difficult task for somebody like myself,  but it's not
> for everyone.

Agreed... that's why I was working with Axel to create a package... I
just don't remember where we left off.  I suspect it's my turn to test
the latest package and see if it works...

> In my case, since my universal remote (One For All
> URC-6131) works with the Hauppauge receiver on my
> PVR-250 and PVR-350, there's no sense for me to use my
> irman anymore.  Not unless I ever get another remote
> that doesn't work with the Hauppauge IR receiver,
> anyway.

Or, like me, you get a Philips/Magnavox TV that insists on responding to
all the same RC-5 codes as your Hauppauge receiver... :-)

-JAC