[mythtv-users] HELP - Cannot play dvd's after converting to ide-scsi emulation?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Apr 4 15:41:31 EDT 2004

I just finished installing a dvd burner and installing the ide-scsi
emulation layer. The dvd drive works fine at burning disks but I cannot get
it to play dvd's from the menu. I changed the setup screen to point to
/dev/scd0 which is the same device I used to burn a test disk. I even
swapped to a known working disk just to be sure it was not a bad disk issue.
It was working when I had a plain dvd-rom drive installed.

Any idea what I did wrong?

TIA,
Bill