[mythtv-users] FW: Pvr250 issues - any suggestions?

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 2 21:35:22 EST 2004

>>>>> J Donavan Stanley writes:

j> Use video as a timebase should only affect audio not video playback
j> and certainly not with interlacing artifacts.

        I don't think this is completely true.  While it has nothing
to do with interlacing, it does affect audio/video sync.  For me,
UseVideoTimebase results in the smoothest video playback (ticker test)
-- marginally better than ExperimentalAVSync and definitely the
best with non-nVidia graphics cards.  The downside is the distorted
sound when jumping forward or backward.  (Disclaimer:  I only have
software encoders.)
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.