[mythtv-users] FW: Pvr250 issues - any suggestions?

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Apr 3 05:54:19 EST 2004

Op vrijdag 2 april 2004 22:57, schreef J. Donavan Stanley:
> Kevin Russell wrote:
> >I've tried changing just about everything in the XF86Config file
> >including J's file with no luck.  Turning on "Use Video as Timebase"
> >option in myth playback settings helps a little but the audio is truly
> >warped when first starting and when skipping around.  Attached is a copy
> >of my current X configuration.
>
> Use video as a timebase should only affect audio not video playback and
> certainly not with interlacing artifacts.
>
> Your PVR card should have nothing to do with it.  It (correctly)
> captures an interlaced picture it's up to the video card to output that
> interlaced picture properly.  Have you tried using kerneldeint?

I've thought about this before, why doesn't MythTV keep track of a video
source is interlaced or not. So you can specify per recording/transcoding
profile (should also be seen as a video source) and front-end if you want to
deinterlace, without the possibility of deinterlacing twice which would
introduce more artifacts.

Currently I deinterlace my tv-cards video before trancoding it to MPEG4, since
my SiS S-video-out only outputs progressive scan (and MythTV 0.14 doesn't
support interlaced MPEG4). When I would want to add a PVR-250 I would be
forced to switch to interlaced recording for no special reason.

I've been working on a little document which I hope to publish
real-soon-now ;-) that touches this and other things.

	Henk Poley <><