[mythtv-users] HDTV component output

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Apr 1 13:54:04 EST 2004

Has anyone got 1920x1080i to work on their tv? I have a 53" Hitachi and
using the VGA to Component video I have only been able to work with
720x480 successfully. If I try 1920x1080i or any other res I get what I
guess you call overscan. I cannot see any of the icons at the bottom of
the screen and the date / time on the login screen and the Fedora logo
are chopped off. I can't figure out what parameters / timing I need to
change to bring the horizontal and vertical in some.

- James