[mythtv-users] LIRC RPM

Jason White axtools at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 7 22:42:58 EDT 2003

On a somewhat similar note, I've got the ATrpms kernel installed but
want to use the homebrew serial receiver instead of my Hauppage remote
(so it will work with the same remote as my TV uses).  I'm assuming that
this requires a lirc compile, which in turn requires a kernel compile so
that the lirc script can read the config files.

I tried installing the source for the ATrpms kernel from the RPM but
nothing seems to get installed.  There's no error messages or
anything...it just doesn't seem to do any work and there's no files in
/usr/src/<axel's kernel..don't have version handy>

Has anyone successfully installed the src for the ATrpms kernel?  Any
clues on why it's not working for me?  Should I be able to make it work
without a recompile?  Right now when I run mode2 it gives me "device not
found" errors even though all of the files seem to be clearly installed.

Jason